Monday, January 21, 2008

Off To The Red Rocks

Wow. Three days off. What a strange idea!!!

I have to admit, it's been a good couple of days for sure. I've had the time to work on a project I've wanted to kick off for some time over on my Frontier's Horizon blog. More and more I'm finding myself interested in what I like to call not necessarily roleplaying but collaborative storytelling. I blame a large chunk of this on the influence that Chris Engle's Matrix games have had on me. In short, I've done both the rule-centered, dungeon mastered games and the much less restrictive Matrix games where everyone comes together to tell a complete story. I prefer the energy and creativity of the later much more then the former.

My work takes me to Sedona, AZ tomorrow morning before the sun comes up. If all goes well, I'll be in Sedona before noon and running a small event for my employer. This is my no# 2 as sole event coordinator. It promises to be fairly intense for a myriad reasons and the time away is pretty extended this time around. On the plus side, I'm trying to figure out how to take my camera on the chance I get an opportunity to do some photography in the area.

One thing I am going to try and do is to update here through the course of the event. They may be short, exhausted, and sleep deprived but they'll be updates!

On the family front, I'm about ten minutes away from sitting the kids down to start what I hope to be an ongoing gaming session with all of them. No#2, AKA - The Bink, is about to pop out of excitement. More on that after it takes flight. I'm trying some new stuff with them which will NOT be your typical roll, hit, and take the treasure kind of roleplay game. I'll see how it goes and post more as I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view