Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Heading to Atlanta

This morning -- 10:05 AM


I’m sitting in the Indianapolis airport trying to get to Atlanta. My adventure started at 4:30 this morning. The pick-up car couldn’t find my house, I nearly stranded my wife by taking the car keys with me, the driver then couldn’t find my co-workers place, and then, after getting to the airline gate with PERFECT timing, the flight was delayed four hours due to “electrical issues.”

And here I sit. We’ll be boarding soon on a flight switch-up and finally headed southward. I had the oddest thought when the driver mentioned that their company’s normally functional printer had stopped working and that when he called me, he couldn’t reach my home phone number. I had the thought, “Oh, I’m not supposed to get on this flight.”

I guess I was right!

When things like this start to happen, I’ve learned its better to just relax, kick back, and wait for an opening to clear for you. I watched as so many fellow travelers threw fits of frustration. Panic and anxiety do nothing for you. Also, it’s times like this that I am so thankful for my laptop. In the time sitting here I’ve been able to review what I need for the event, get some writing done, and worked on this blog post. It’s all in how you look at things

To add to the backdrop of this adventure, we are headed into Atlanta which is currently in a state of emergency (or close to it) in regards to the severe draught and water shortage. We’ve been told that the situation at the hotel is not too bad and that we should be fine through the totality of our visit there.

I wonder if the folks flying into New Orleans were told the same thing? I doubt it. Paranoid images of fighting for my life against crazed Atlanteans trying to survive without water are probably further off then my imagination would have me believe. Heh. Crazed Atlanteans looking for water…

That’s funny stuff.

My flight boards in fifteen minutes so I’m shutting things down and heading for the little travelers room. Then, I’m on a flight and airborne.

Hopefully.

No comments: