Saturday, December 29, 2007

Placemarker

Wow, I have REALLY stepped away from the journal writing. I'm not really sure what did it. So many times during a week I will have ideas for a journal post but then, once I get the time to write them, they do not come. Even now it's sort of like pulling teeth as I sit here, stare at the screen, and try to come up with something to say that might somehow be humorous or entertaining.

It might have been moving to the more then full time job. It is no coincidence that I finally get a chance to rethink things (and actually post) while I am off a full week for the holidays. And now that I actually have the time, once again, I don't seem to have anything to say! It's rather maddening. Regardless, I am sitting here and hammering out a few more paragraphs in the hopes that some things will get kick-started. If not now, then perhaps down the line.

The past several days have been, well, peaceful. Semi-peaceful. We returned home after several days up at the in-laws homestead in Indy where model rockets were flown, old movies were watched, and gingerbread house was crushed. All very exciting! Once home, it's been a good mix of recharging and reorganizing.

As the new year comes steadily onward I'm finding myself doing what a lot of folks do this time of year which is review. You know, going through old piles of things that have sat unattended, sorting through old ideas that have floated in the corner waiting for their time to come, as well as looking what can be revamped and maybe brought back to the fore of things. Maybe my next post should be a review of my year past?

No comments: